The following is a guide on how to setup the NTP client on a Juniper device. This covers the entire product line and is placed in the default VRF. The NTP server set is 192.168.60.1 and the access is restricted to localhost 127.0.0.1 as by default NTP is enabled when the client is setup.
- Enter the following in the CLI via console or SSH.
- Set the NTP server to use for time lookups.
- set system ntp server 192.168.60.1 prefer
- Restrict Access to the router or switch.
- set system ntp restrict 127.0.0.1/32