The following are a list of commands needed to enable SSH and setup SNMP polling for your ESXI host.
- Start SSH in the ESXI web GUI under Manage -> Services -> TSM-SSH.
- SSH to the IP address of your ESXI Host and login using an admin user.
- Paste the following into the SSH shell esxcli system snmp set –communities public
- This sets the community to public for SNMP access.
- Paste the following into the SSH shell esxcli system snmp set –enable true
- This command sets the SNMP service to enabled.
- Start the SNMP Server in the ESXI Web GUI under Manage -> Services -> snmpd